Saturday, August 4, 2012

Eurasian Fiesta

In conjunction with the Georgetown Festival, a Eurasian Fiesta was organised on July 01, 2012 to showcase the Eurasian heritage and I was involved with baking my favourite Reutens rich sugee fruit cake, bread pudding and cooking the Country Captain (chicken). In addition I was to showcase some of my paintings and let the 'world' know the existence of a eurasian artist among the eurasian community in Penang.
Stress, stress was the word that I really felt leading to the actual fiesta day! I have to thank Cheryl, Sandy and Eva for helping me to sell the cakes, bread pudding and country captain. Thank goodness!! All were sold out during the fiesta.



During the fiesta I had also displayed 14 paintings and it was not a surprise that some friends and many in the Eurasian community did not realise that Esther Reutens is an artist.



Esther with Sister Aidan

No comments: